1. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES:
(a) Traffic Data: Like most website operators, Safe Shield automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify a User.
(c) Personal Information: In order for a User to use certain Services, User will be asked to provide Safe Shield with certain information that does personally identify the User (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation: (1) “Contact Data” (such as User’s name, phone number, fax number, mailing address and e-mail address); (2) “Financial Data” (Safe Shield does not store or otherwise retain financial or credit card information); (3) “Business Data” (such as the name of User’s corporation or limited liability company (LLC), the name and address of User’s corporation or LLC’s registered agent, the name and address of the directors and officers of User’s corporation or members, managers, or governors of User’s LLC, and the name of User’s trademark and the goods and/or services provided under such trademark); and (4) Demographic Data” (such as User’s gender and zip code). In each case, User will be asked to provide Personal Information; the Website will not gather it surreptitiously. Safe Shield may supplement the Personal Information Users provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to Safe Shield. Users are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that User’s refusal to do so may prevent User from using certain Services.
2. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES:
(a) Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies: Safe Shield analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help Safe Shield better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Safe Shield is able to better design the Website to improve User experience, and to supply Users more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, Safe Shield may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. Safe Shield does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
(b) Personal Information:
(i) Generally. Safe Shield uses a User’s Contact Data to send Users information about Safe Shield and Safe Shield’s Services (“Services”), which are detailed in our Terms and Conditions, and to contact Users when necessary in connection with the Services. Safe Shield uses Financial Data to verify User’s qualifications for certain Services and, when necessary, to bill the User. Safe Shield uses User’s Business Information to file corporate/company documents. Safe Shield uses User’s Demographic Data to customize and tailor User’s experience on the Website. As with Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, from time to time Safe Shield may release Demographic Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
(ii) Disclosure Practices. Except under the following circumstances, Safe Shield will keep User’s Personal Information private, and will not share it with third parties.
• Disclosure to Governmental Agencies. Safe Shield provides, among other services, corporate filing services (collectively, “Corporate Services”), which require the filing of official documents with certain federal, state or county agencies (e.g. state offices of the secretary of the state) (collectively, “Governmental Agencies”). In order to prepare and file such official documents, certain Personal Information provided by Users must be disclosed to the appropriate Governmental Agency. If User’s have requested Corporate Services, User hereby acknowledges and agrees that Safe Shield will disclose certain User Personal Information to the appropriate Governmental Agency. User further acknowledges and understands that information received by Governmental Agencies may become public record and subject to inspection and copying by the public. SAFE SHIELD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND DOES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE DISCLOSURE, SUBSEQUENT USE AND CONTINUED PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED TO, VIEWED, OR DOWNLOADED BY GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES.
• Disclosure in Connection with Services. Safe Shield discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
• By Law or to Protect Rights. Safe Shield discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Safe Shield believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Safe Shield, third parties or the public at large.
• Unpaid Accounts. If a User fails to pay any balance owed in consideration of services, Safe Shield may, as permitted by law, report User’s Personal Information, including without limitation the User’s unpaid balance, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies and others.
3. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Safe Shield has invested significant time and resources into protecting the Personal Information of our Users. We have implemented, and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of User’s Personal Information.
4. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION:
Users must promptly notify Safe Shield if a User’s user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that user name or password from User’s account and update our records accordingly.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY:
6. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM SAFE SHIELD:
By registering with the Website, Users thereby consent to receive periodic email communications regarding the Services offered by Safe Shield. As part of registration, Users may also choose to receive email communications regarding promotions and other special offers (collectively, “Special Offers”). Users will have the option to “opt-out” from receiving Special Offers at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each Special Offer; or (b) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that we remove the User’s e-mail address from our Special Offers e-mail list.
7. UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION:
8. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES:
10. RESEARCH AND SURVEYS:
Effective Date: December 30, 2017